Would you believe me if I told you until now I had never used a print from Mister Domestic?! What?! When Matthew popped up to see if I was interested in getting on the blog hop train I thought… “clearly… ITS TIME”. Matthew has been putting out gorgeous prints with Art Gallery for a few years now and somehow none of them had climbed into my project stacks. Well that’s all changed now. I typically trend toward graphic prints with muted or neutral tones so I looked through Aura to see how I could blend my sensibilities with Matthew’s.
Matthew’s newest line Aura is this warm, tropically infused, collection of prints inspired by a trip to Hawaii with his daughter. I had a pattern in my back pocket that was just the ticket. As an ode to the men in the industry I busted out the Orbie pattern from Michael Caputo. It has this beautiful sunrise-sunset vibe that felt like the perfect match to Matthew’s Aura! I settled on four of the more graphic prints and thought it could be interesting to see how Aura can really span a variety of personalities from bold jewel-tone floral to a more streamline minimalist.
I decided to pare down the full pattern into a wall hanging and I think it turned out SO lovely!
Orbie Pattern can be found in Issue 55 of Quilt Now Magazine. You can grab a digital subscription or the paper issue is available to purchase from Pink Castle Fabrics!
Be sure to check out all the other makers on Matthew’s blog party!
Mister Domestic’s Aura Blog Party
- Monday February 11: Amanda Woodruff of A Crafty Fox
- Tuesday February 12: Kylie Gersekowski of Little Moo Designs
- Wednesday February 13: Sharon Holland of Sharon Holland Designs
- Thursday February 14: Kim Niedzwiecki of Go Go Kim
- Saturday February 16: Sarah Maxwell of Fearless with Fabric
- Sunday February 17: Natalie Santini of Hungry Hippie Sews
- Monday February 18: Carolina Moore of Always Expect Moore
- Tuesday February 19: Isabelle Selak of South Bay Bella Studio
- Wednesday February 20: Elizabeth Chappell of Quilters’ Candy
- February 21-24: Intermission
- Monday February 25: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
- Tuesday February 26: Monica Tetteh of That’s Sew Monica
- Wednesday February 27: Nicholas Ball of Quilts from the Attic
- Thursday February 28: Lucy Brennan of Charm About You
- Friday March 1: Robbin Flockhart of Sew Farm Quilter
- Saturday March 2: Evie Jespersen of EV Quilts
- Sunday March 3: Kelly Liddle of Jeliquilts
- Monday March 4: Maureen Cracknell of Maureen Cracknell Handmade
- Tuesday March 5: HollyAnne Knight of String and Story
- Wednesday March 6: Mimi Goodwin of Mimi G Style
- Thursday March 7: Angela Wolf of Fashion Sewing with Angela Wolf
- Friday March 8: Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
- Saturday March 9: Sharon Burgess of Lilabelle Lane Creations
- Sunday March 10: Emily Dennis of Quilty Love
- Monday March 11: Sheri Cifaldi-Morrill of Whole Circle Studio
- Tuesday March 12: Elina Temmes of Elina Temmes
- Wednesday March 13: Jennifer Strauser of Dizzy Quilter
- Thursday March 14: Saija Kiiskinen of Saija Kiiskinen
- Friday March 15: Brittany Jones of Brittany J Jones
- Saturday March 16: Jodi Godfrey of Tales of Cloth
- Sunday March 17: Kim Niedzwiecki of Go Go Kim
- Monday March 18: Sharon McConnell of Color Girl Quilts